Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Perks of Grandma

As I sit here writing this, I am anxiously awaiting the hour and minute that Brodie goes to Grandma's house to stay the night.  Scot and I are so lucky to have a relative (Scot's mom) who absolutely adores and loves Brodie.  Aside from her teaching job, she is willing to watch Brodie any day, any hour, any time.  Now, I think that if we had more than one child, that would be different.  Brodie is so easy going and a VERY good child.  Yes, he has his moments... But, overall he is a darn good kiddo. In my experience as a teacher, I have seen all too well the different personalities and character traits of siblings.  One sibling is usually the "good" one and one is the "handful" child.  Well, since Brodie is such a good child, I have to assume that our next one would've been a handful.  If we had a girl, she would've had an attitude.  If our hypothetical girl acted like me when I was in junior high and high school, let's just say, one of us would not be alive to see the future.  I am so grateful that Grandma is so willing to take in Brodie on a spur of the moment decision.  It's very easy to pawn off one child as opposed to two or three.  I've noticed that in my classes as well.  When I have had 7 great easy going students, teachers are more than willing to keep an eye on them for an emergency doctor's appt. or something else as opposed to 10 unruly students. It's like the students have the plague and it's impossible to get rid of them for a few minutes. But, all I all... I am thankful that Brodie is such a good child so it can be easy to get Grandma to watch him for an afternoon. And on that note.. It's time for Brodie to go visit Grandma!!!

Brodie and Grandma camping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment